Beginning with the class of 2024, all MFA students in the MFA in Writing for the Screen+Stage program will receive full scholarships for both years, including full tuition and living stipend.
Teaching Assistantships (TA-SHIPS):
In the second year of the program, MFA students will teach 2 undergraduate writing workshops and fulfil other research and graduate assistant responsibilities, in consultation with faculty.
You’ll have access to:
- A $5000 grant to help you bring to life your play, screenplay, or teleplay
- Our first-class facilities and equipment, including professional cameras, lighting & sound equipment, computer labs, several professional stages, television and film studios with 180-degree cycloramas and full lighting grids, an extensive film library, as well as a blackbox studio that can be used for filming or staging works
- An opportunity to see the professional actors of Remy Bumppo, an innovative Chicago theatre company, perform a directed reading of one of your pieces
- Internships in LA, NY, or Chicago
- Radio/TV/Film mediamaking courses
- Facilities at School of Communication